Do you have a new business or idea for a venture? Could a share of £5,000 plus business support prizes give you the boost you need to grow your enterprise?
Then you might be keen to know more about the Venture Pitch 2021 – an event for University of Chester students this June.
Running over two days, you can benefit from sessions, masterclasses and talks; meet entrepreneurs, mentors, industry experts and business consultants – all there to support you with your new venture – and pitch your idea to a panel of judges.
Funding of £5,000 is available to be shared between at least five entrants who will be announced during a celebratory online Awards Ceremony.
You will also have the chance to win:
- Office space within the Riverside Innovation Centre (RIC).
- A two hour Trade Mark Consultancy and a £200 cash prize, kindly sponsored by Forresters.
- A professional photography shoot with Yam Kovatch Photography.
- A branded merchandise bundle from A.M Custom Clothing.
- A professional logo designed by Alex Franklin.
- A start-up website designed by Alex Franklin.
- One-to-one marketing consultancy and mentoring with Hems de Winter Consulting.
- A Driving Social Media Success coaching package with Becs Bates, Founder of Social Media Executive.
- A 2020 Apple iPad – 10.2″, A12, iPadOS, Wi-Fi, 32GB, Space Grey.
- A 12-month membership of the West Cheshire and North Wales Chamber of Commerce, kindly sponsored by the Chamber.
- A £400 Careers and Employability Enterprise Grant.
Every finalist shortlisted will also receive:
- A £30 Amazon e-voucher to put towards books to help you develop your business.
- An invitation to a Celebratory Evening which will be scheduled when we are all able to safely come together to celebrate your achievement.
- A Business Club Card for the RIC.
- A Venture Pitch graphic to display online.
The Venture Pitch 2021 will take place via Microsoft Teams on Monday June 14 and Tuesday June 15.
Kirsty Badrock, Entrepreneurship Co-ordinator at the University said: “The Venture Pitch is an annual event and during the past eight years we have supported more than 90 students to start-up their business, and awarded £47,000 to help grow new ventures.
“If you would like to get involved, win funding and business support prizes, and see your enterprise develop, make sure you apply online on CareerHub.”
To be eligible to pitch your idea, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You are a current student or you graduated from the University of Chester.
- You have attended at least 12 hours of The Venture Programme. If you have not been to any events you can demonstrate relevant attendance at career workshops, and self-directed research around business start-up, or watch the Venture sessions recorded this year.
- You have a valid business idea or you are in the early stages of starting your business. You must not have been trading for more than 12 months.
- You have not received start-up funding at a previous Venture Programme pitch event.
To apply, book a place and fill in a form on CareerHub at: https://careers.chester.ac.uk/students/events/Detail/919256/venture-pitch-2021.
Entrants are also asked to submit a business summary and a 60-second elevator pitch video to email@example.com by Friday May 14 at 12 noon.
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday May 20 and entrants will be notified of the outcome no later than Friday May 21.
If you would like any additional information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read on to hear from a previous winner…