By Yadan Sun
There are so many desserts in the supermarket that you could buy, but do you feel that they are too sweet or too normal sometimes? Or do you have questions like “I have tried all of them but there are always the same types, there is no feeling of freshness at all?” Also, do you feel bored and that you’re losing passion during lockdown? Why not try this simple and convenient dessert to improve your passion for life? If you would like to have a DIY dessert, this would be a recipe that deserves a go! Do it by yourself and you could gain much fulfilment, confidence and happiness! Let’s start!
Name: Oatmeal pastry (cranberry cookies or anything you like!)
Low-gluten flour 140g
Black sesame seeds
(These ingredients should all be available in the supermarket!)
1. Prepare a medium-sized bowl, melt the butter and add some sugar. (If you want a low-fat version, you could choose sugar-free or less sugar)
2. Separate the yolk from the egg white, put two yolks into the bowl (put the other one aside for later), then add some oats (it’s better to choose ground oats rather than porridge oats, to keep a pure flavour and lower calories). Beat the melted butter, sugar, yolks and oats until combined. Additionally, currants or cranberries are also great for this dessert. You could choose any of them as you like.
3. Add some water and knead the mixture until it becomes a dough. Divide them into little single round balls of dough.
4. Smear the yolk on the surface of each one, and scatter a few black sesame seeds in the end as a decoration.
5. The last process is to put them into the oven, bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Centigrade
Finally, you will get a delicious and nutrition-rich dessert! It is a basic method to make a simple dessert. You could add some stuffing like fruits, jam or even sausage. Although it is not perfect, it could be something interesting, or remind you that there are so many things you could try. Just find the right one and keep your passion!